Get in touch!
English, Slovak, Czech, German (basics)
Stuff I enjoy
Travelling, Snowboarding, Playing guitar, Watching movies, Hiking
Hi! I'm a full-stack engineer with a decade of experience that loves solving real-world problems and focuses on building functional and beautiful UIs.
For the last six years, I have been part of the Intercom engineering, where I have been working with all teams from the product, marketing, GTM to the growth.
Sep 2014 - Present
Product Engineer - San Francisco, California
- Led the completion of a quarters-long tech stack migration, resulting in a simplified marketing site architecture for the team to maintain and for marketing teams to use.
- Tech lead on the Messenger accessibility project that made Messenger AA accessible. (link to a blog post) My work involved:
- Developing and open sourcing custom babel plugin to maintain the accessibility of all existing and new components.
- Adding focus indicators and focus traps to the Messenger.
- Testing the Intercom Messenger with a screen reader.
- Working with an external agency on accessibility QA.
- Introducing bundle splitting and reducing the Messenger size by 65%. (link to a blog post)
- Tech lead on sass to CSS-IN-JS (Emotion) rewrite, which improved the speed and size of the Messenger and added the ability to collocate styles with components. My work involved:
- Tech doc outlining benefits of migrating Messenger from sass to Emotion.
- Tech plan for the incremental rollout of the rewrite in a codebase owned by multiple teams across different timezones.
- Forking and modifying Emotion babel plugin to work within our codebase.
- Introducing best practices to keep the existing accessibility compliance.
- Front-end lead on the Intercom help center articles product.
- Working closely with GTM, marketing, and sales teams. Shipped several iterations of the marketing site and annual contracts for the sales team.
May 2019 - Present
Full-stack Engineer - San Francisco, California
- Tech lead on the online application that helped people to vote in the last parliament elections, which roughly increased elections attendance by one percent.
- Creating and styling html emails.
- Simplifying the CI pipeline.
Sep 2013 - Sep 2014
Front-end Engineer - Dublin, Ireland
- Front-end lead on the Permanent TSB new internet banking, where I worked closely with the Permanent TSB backend team.
- Front-end lead on the Liberty Insurance Ireland new website.
- Helping to ship the new Vodafone Ireland web site.
Nov 2011 – Aug 2013
Full Stack Engineer - Kosice Slovakia
- Working on the largest live sports streaming service in the UK. My work involved:
- Converting the flash live-player into html5 for mobile visitors.
- Redesigning the new live sports portal.
- Rewriting goal.com into ember.js.